Saturday, November 1, 2008

Domestic Bliss

I'm sitting in bed typing this this morning... And much to my surprise
and delight it's raining! Raining in LA!? It's been hot, dry and sunny
for so long it was getting, well... boring! lol. So I'm really enjoying
this - some moody gray in the sky, the fresh smell of rain on the
leaves just beyond our balcony and the distant roll of thunder... I'm
getting ready to listen to "This American Life" on my laptop and I can
hear Dan in the kitchen putting coffee on and warming up some
croissants for breakfast. Yay! This reminds me of something I wrote
about in my song, "Taken". It's about how Dan and I got together and
what those days were like. They were actually quite turbulent and
cathartic. I knew I was being swept away and taken somewhere better - beyond my invisible, floating bubble that doubled as wall around my heart. I didn't know then that one of the sweet payoffs in coming down to Earth is this - domestic bliss!

No comments: