Monday, October 15, 2007

Gig @ The Basement in Sydney this Wednesday and an action packed week coming up!

I’m about to get sucked into a whirlwind of events this week and have that tired but wired feeling of anticipation. You know like before you go on a trip and there’s a million little things you wanna get done? There’s half dried washing lying all around the apartment, the drier’s on the blink! The kitchen’s a mess and something tells me I’m not gonna be cooking that nutritious dinner I’d planned 24 hours ago. The nachos and Corona I had this afternoon will have to do… But the acoustic set Dan and I’ve worked up feels good and the lounge room looks, shall we say… “productive”? lol. There are bits of paper with to do lists and song lists strewn around, guitar leads and cables snaking all around the floor, mic stands and guitar stands and an array of Dan’s effects pedals with their little red lights blinking on and off. They give the room a nice glow when the lights are off.

There’s a rhyme and reason to the chaos, though. We’re flying down to Sydney tomorrow where we’ll start with a meeting at Sony BMG, raid the guitar store in the Pitt Street Mall, meet up with Kaz from Red Rebel Music then try and get an early night before Wednesday. We’ve gotta be at Channel Nine really insanely early to play live on The Today Show, then I have a radio thing at 2UE, then a boardroom performance at Mood Media, then sound check for the gig, then a photo shoot for The Known Photographic Exhibition with Nathan J Lester, then the gig that night with Charlton Hill and Anthony Snape – to celebrate the birth of my humble little labyrinth of a record, “Shadow Wine and Truth Lilies”! Thursday we have to be up and sober to play live on The Kerri Ann Show, then there’s a meet and greet at Mix 106.5 fm, then another boardroom performance, then sound check and load in and then a short set and some fun at The Virgin Megastore in the Pitt Street Mall. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch up with some friends after that and have a few long awaited celebratory drinks. Friday I’ve got a few radio interviews then back to The Gold Coast to take stock of what just happened. I really hope I have time to check out the chocolate shops my friend from here on Blogger, Mari, has told me about… Jeff de Bruges is one. If anyone knows of this or others please let me know. As a chocophile one has to conduct constant research. He he…

Meanwhile back on the indie music promo trail, I’m psyched about Mood Media adding “You Can Call Me "Baby” " to their retail play list. It means you might hear this the first single off Truth Lilies if you’re in one of these stores…. Angus and Coote, Adidas, Benneton, Billabong, BP, Bunnings, Brothers Nielson, Body Shop, City Beach, Country Road, Coffee Club, Colorado, David Jones, Escada, Ecco, Esprit, Footlocker, Goldmark, Hugo boss, Ikea, Jag, Mambo, McDonalds, Mango, Nike, Oroton, Payless Shoes, Puma, Pizza Hut, Perfume Connection, Portmans, Rebel Sport, Red Rooster, Reebok, Rip Curl, Rockmans, Sizzler, Strandbags, Toys r Us, Vintage Cellars, Williams Shoes and Zaraffa Coffee… cool!

But for now it’s Monday night here in Australia – Sunday afternoon back in California – and I think I need to have a cup of tea and pack my suitcase and then hopefully chill out a bit. Hey! “Californication” is on tonight! Gotta see what my boyfriend, Hank, is up to!

Happy Monday, Bloggers. I'm sending you all chocolate and chili flavored bliss bombs.

ps. I was about to post this when... into the above scene in our lounge room, my rock star husband enters in his footy shorts and no shirt laughing about someone "being pounded like a Mallard duck". The laughing subsided and there's nothing but the fridge humming when he kneels down in front of the above mentioned guitar pedals and cranks out a short but ferocious fart. Now THAT sounds like a Mallard duck! Lol!.. Yeah, it's the glamor of the music business that attracts me to it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.