Monday, October 29, 2007

IT’S ALIVE at The Virgin Megastore!




I just received some press shots of my in store appearance and gig at The Virgin Megastore in Sydney the week of my album launch, 10/17. Many thanks to their ever cool store manager, David Mottek, and his staff for making it quite an event! It was really cool to be playing back in the city – I lived there for about three years before I took off to the U.S.A, so it was super fun to spend some time back in my old stomping ground. I was assailed by many happy and goofy memories of the wild times I had there back in my early 20’s, rockin’ around town with my soul sista E.T and cashed up with my first big publishing advance. Man those were the days! Lol! Said soul sista and I got together there again for the launch celebrations of Shadow Wine and Truth Lilies and we were hoofin’ it up George Street one night when I said, “You know my feet are killing me! I’m buggered and I just wanna sit down and have a nice cup of tea… We used to do walk all over the city back in the day in crazy high heels and I don’t remember ever having sore feet or anything… how did we do it?!” E.T laughed and said, “well, we were most likely inebriated!..” Yeah we were full of piss and vinegar, too. We sure had a good time, though. The face of rock and roll has changed for us – it’s a bit older and wiser now and though we may not “party” quite like we used to when it comes down to it I think we are actually more “rock n roll” now than ever. Something happens in your 30’s, and I think this is especially true for women, where you don’t take fools lightly, (you don’t tend to make a fool of yourself quite so much either! Lol!) and you don’t take much shit from anybody. Your authenticity radar is more efficient than ever. And that rocks.

2 comments:

blupken said...

Fiona,

It sounds like you have ramped things up into high gear. Congratulations on all the career-related activities you are managing to pull off. Your blog also is amusing and interesting too. I have to admit, I haven't been back to visit it in a while. I've been very, very busy writing in my blog daily. If you have not been back to cosmic karma in a while, then you might be surprised at how attentive I have been on a daily basis. I have included some older writings on nights that I have writers block or can't keep my eyes open long enough to write something quality. I have revamped my labels for better navigating and sorting, since I now have 50+ postings. Sorry to ramble on about me. I meant to ramble more about how things seem to be going so well for you. I now finally have high speed internet so I can listen to your songs without pauses. From what I'm hearing thus far, you're going nowhere but up the music mountain.

Take Care,
blupken

Jeannine Jersey Bailey said...

Congrats on the album release! I wish you tons of success. It sounds like you are working very hard!! :)


Thank you for dropping by my blog to check out my mom's stories. You have no idea what that means to me!