Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Glass of Pinot Noir and The Week That Was...

I’m sitting here with a glass of Pinot Noir taking stock of the week that was… I’ve been working my ass off to get our live set ready for the official launch gig at The Basement. I’m happy to say that went off without a hitch on Wednesday night. Charlton Hill and Anthony Snape opened for me and they were awesome. We had some fun playing the songs off my new record, Shadow Wine and Truth Lilies, talking about men, relationships, sex and eating chocolate. Thank you to everyone who came along and made it a great night and to those of you who bought a copy of the cd on the night!

While I was down in Sydney this week I also did live to air performances on Channel Nine’s The Today Show and Mornings with Kerri Ann and they were great fun. It was super cool having my hair and make up done for two mornings in a row! If I ever get really rich I think I’ll have someone come and do my hair every day! Lol. We played the single, “You Can Call Me Baby” and it was kinda funny to sing about doing coke and having a mind like a whore on am shows! He he. I got a special little thrill out of that ‘cause that’s just how I am.

I did an interview with Sydney’s 2SM radio and hope to get a copy of that interview with Carl posted here for you to hear – we talked about how Dan and I met at a demo session in Nashville and how we got married at the drop of a hat at LAX Courthouse. I’m not sure of we mentioned our Quick-E-Mart reception… we got a $3 bottle of pretend bubbly and toasted ourselves in the parking lot with plastic cups, hiding from the police cruisers passing by.

Now I’m home and pretty buggered from all the running around. I don’t seem to have the stamina I recall having when I was last living in Sydney, gallivanting around half drunk on Stolli with my soul sister Emily… she has a baby now and I’m married and partial to a nice cup of tea. Ahhg! Am I losing my edge? I like to think we still rock – just in moderation these days. Lol...

To check out my performance on The Today Show - just click on this link below then click on my pic, just under James Blunt who was on the day before me.

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/section.aspx?sectionid=3093&sectionname=entertainment


No comments: